Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Little things...

I am absolutely touched right now and would like to share it with y'all (if anyone even reads this!). I was eating dinner at Wild Wing in Mt. Pleasant tonight and, as I was talking to some people I had never met before, the subject of the half-marathon came up. The gentleman that I was talking to told me that he had done around 9 races in the past year and we started talking about why we decided to run in the them. When I told him I was running to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, he pulled out his wallet and handed me $20!

Such a small gesture, but what an act of kindness! It absolutely made my night and goes to show you that there are still truly good people out there! And if you're reading this blog, then you are one of those people for sure! 

No comments: