Monday, August 18, 2008

Welcome to my Training Blog!

On January 18, 2009, I will be running the longest distance I have ever even thought about running-- in the P.F. Chang's Rock 'N Roll Half-Marathon in Phoenix, AZ! I will be participating through The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. As you know, leukemia is a disease that has had a profound effect on my life and I hope to do my part to raise money in an effort to find a cure!

Over the next 4 and 1/2 months I will be training and collecting donations to reach my goal of $3800 to support the Leukemia Society. You can access my official Team in Training donation page from the link at the left of the page and here.

Training with the rest of the team doesn't start until next week, but I've been doing 2 mile runs on my own in an effort not to embarrass myself on the first day! I'm also going downtown to be fitted for running shoes by people who know what they're talking about. My last pair of shoes (that I randomly picked out on my own because they looked fancy) made my toes go numb... which probably wasn't a good sign! So I'm excited to have an excuse to buy new shoes and to have shoes that will carry me through this challenge!

We all know my short legs were not made for running, so I hope y'all will support me on this journey and leave me encouraging words (and did I mention I'm also taking donations??!)

I will do my best to keep this interesting and entertaining... however, I can't make any promises! Check back soon for updates!

No comments: