Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tales from Light the Night

I walked in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night walk for the first time on November 5th. The event was a celebration at the end of a fundraising season with games, a jump castle, a memorial service, balloons that light up and of course, a 2 mile walk. I formed a team with my sister (first picture below) in memory of my mom and in honor of a friend's nephew. Our team (second picture) raised $2200, while the Charleston Walk raised $50,000 total, which is incredible! Special thanks to Walsingham Academy for helping me with Dress Down Days for $1.







This cause is close to my heart and I've raised almost $10,000 through several different events, including a half-marathon. I hope to continue to participate and help raise money for those suffering from the disease. If you'd like to donate, go to my Light the Night page.

1 comment:

EngaBeenga said...

Wawen! I am so glad you're back blogging! I want all of our friends to! (I especially think Jen would have very interesting things to say about life!) Have enjoyed catching up :) I told Jenna - I'm praying for a Tampa reunion...in?