Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Magazine's Best

I've talked about how much I love flipping through magazines, I don't think you can get the same experience online. Because of that, I have a stack of about 8 magazines to look through. I like to get my money's worth by tearing out recipes, checking out new websites, and being the sucker who buys the beauty products they "test". Here's where I share what I've found with you and it helps me remember what I like and what I don't for later!


Love to bake? Looking for a unique wedding shower gift for a friend? Bakeitpretty.com has some of the cutest kitchen and baking supplies I've seen. Lots of quirky and fun stuff!

Real Simple featured 10 new ways to fix up cheese ravioli.  I make pasta a lot (I love carbs), but it can get boring. I'm definitely going to try a few, First up, Ravioli with Fontina and Walnut Sauce!

I'm always looking for new and different things to do when I get together with friends. I started a book club. I go to supper club. I would LOVE to have game nights... but I can't drum up enough interest. So I came across Sublime Stitching. You can find patterns, tools, and for newbies (like me!) they have kits you can buy to get you started. My mom cross-stitched a lot and I would love to learn the basics. Who's with me?

I also got some ideas of books to read for the year. Check out my Goodreads to see what I added. (Or see the right side of my blog!)


Photo courtesy of chotda via Flickr

1 comment:

EngaBeenga said...

My mom also cross-stitched (she started on our Gamma Phi crest when my grandfather was hospitalized in college) ... its on my "to do" 101 things list. We can have stitching bees :)