Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I spent $100 on what?

My new apartment in Charlotte is in a great... and dangerous location. It's not my personal safety that I'm concerned about, but the well-being of my bank account. I'm within walking distance of some of the best shopping in the Queen City and my wallet paid the price today.

A couple of days ago, my dad suggested that I buy a guest book for my apartment. I thought it was a cute idea and great way to keep track of the comings and goings in my new place.

Enter Paper Source. I stopped in on my way home to poke around and pick up a guest book. However, 30 minutes later, I had 4 items and wondered where the time went. It's the kind of place I could get lost in. While some people might consider what I bought a waste, I don't regret them (I tend to be a 'binge and purge' shopper as my friends call it. Buying a ton and then taking most of it back.

Long story short, I've had the intention of journaling lately but I get so caught up in the details that it takes forever and I found THE BEST substitute (talk to me in a few weeks and see if I feel the same way). The One Line a Day Journal is such a great idea... just a couple of lines to jot down a thought or two about the day. Since I have the worst memory in the history of time, I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out!



No comments: