Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Podcasts Day 2

Success! I listened to three Money Girl podcasts in the car on my commute to and from work (yes, I sprinted out of the gate, don't expect such gusto in the coming weeks). I learned about Traditional and Roth IRAs, a subject that never ceases to confuse me, and about the new credit card rules.

I'm glad I started listening today because it reminded me that I needed to rollover my 401k from my previous job. I'd been putting it off because I didn't really understand what I needed to do. But, putting it off wasn't earning money, so I bit the bullet, asked the questions that I'm certain are dumb ones, and got the ball rolling. Cross that off my to-do list! And the credit card podcast prompted me to check out my interest rate and look into other cards that might have better rates and rewards! Free flight?? Yes please!

Next on my learning list is the NC driver's manual. To get licensed in this great state, I have to retake the written test. I won't bore you with that information, but cross your fingers that I pass!

No comments: