Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Goals Update

I know you're all dying to know how goals are coming along in the first week of 2011! I did cook a delicious meal in my crockpot and discovered the next recipe I want to fix this week. However, the Taj MaTeeter was sold out of everything last night when I went shopping (note to self, NEVER go to the grocery store in SouthPark on Sunday night).

I successfully made it to the gym four times this week. I went to two Spinning classes and did this circuit from Women's Health on the other two days. I modified the circuit a bit to keep my heart rate up... adding step ups and push ups, but it's great for those who tend to get bored (like me)! I've also decided I want to look into what it takes to become a spinning instructor. I LOVE the class and have been trying to think of ways to make some extra money without cramping my style too much.

My fun book this month was Nine Dragons by Michael Connelly. I downloaded it for my drive to and from Raleigh last week. I love a good cop story to keep my attention. One of the better books in this series that I've read lately. I'm also reading QBQ by John Miller and Selling the Invisible by Harry Beckwith. Reading the not "fun" books definitely takes more dedication but I'm hoping to finish by the end of January!

How are you doing with your resolutions?

2 comments:

English said...

I know all about wanting to get a certification to instruct! I want to get my yoga certificate. Lets investigate!

Lauren said...

I decided I need to go to class at least twice a week for six months before I do it... make sure I'm not winded while trying to talk!