Thursday, January 27, 2011

No Buy Month - Could you do it?

In my extensive (read: time consuming) blog reading, I came across The Frugalista. I've only been following her for a couple of weeks but her latest post talks about her annual No-Buy Month. During the month of February (maybe because it has the least number of days?), she does not spend a cent on eating out, shopping, getting her nails done... basically, no fun! However this does not extend to rent or bills, so no excuses on not paying those! But she saved $400 last year, how much do you think you could save?

I'll be honest, I'm sure I could do it, and I probably should do it, but I won't do it. Going cold turkey on "entertainment" spending for a whole month would be SO hard. Not to mention, I JUST made a list of all of the workout gear I want (and kind of need) to buy. Okay, a workout bag that holds my yoga mat isn't a need, but swimming gear for my triathlon is!

Could you do it?

No comments: