Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Team in Training Fundraising in Full Swing!

Although I haven't started officially training yet, my fundraising for the triathlon with Team in Training is underway! My personal goal is to raise $3000 before the event in June and I have $600 so far, so I'm off to a great start. I'm getting antsy to start training though. Getting back in a pool is by far the most anxiety producing part of the process. Do they make more flattering "racing" suits than Speedos these days? I'm not thrilled about looking like a sausage in Lycra, while I know string bikinis aren't exactly lap pool friendly. If I had a swim team photo from back in the day, I would definitely insert it here. You'll just have to use your imagination.

I swear they have the same pattern suits these days as they did when I swam 15 years ago (eek, that just made me feel old). Like this one... and this is "new" according to the website.

I might have to splurge for Nike's overpriced yet cuter looks. Although, I should probably focus more on training, less on fashion since NO ONE looks cute after face-planting due to exhaustion.

No comments: