Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Run of 2011!

I completed my first training run tonight in preparation for our first team running session on Saturday morning. I haven't run since I completed the half-marathon in January of 2009. That's 24 months of NOT running! If I'm being totally honest, even though I ran 13.1 miles and I'll be running 10 miles LESS during the triathlon, I'm most nervous about this part. Nervous about being the slowest, being last... all of those fears we had in school.

But I've already resolved to be more diligent and dedicated in my training for this event than I was for the half-marathon.  I'm excited and scared at the same time. Excited to push my limits and get back in shape but scared about all of the unknown factors (will I sink like a rock in the pool???).

Here's a glimpse of my training schedule for February.

Monday            Team Swim                 20-30 minute run
Tuesday            30 minute bike/spin
Wednesday       Swim drills                  20-30 minute run
Thursday          30 minute bike/spin
Friday               off
Saturday           Team training - varies between the three events
Sunday             Swim or run, whichever is your weaker event- this remains to be seen!

Training officially starts Saturday morning at 8am, wish me luck!

No comments: