While I'm extremely excited and grateful for the support, that isn't my goal. My goal is to raise $3000. Since I have four months, I'm hopeful that I can surpass my personal goal and provide more of the valuable funds to LLS.
Over the course of my past two events fundraising for LLS, we have raised $10,255! That is an amazing accomplishment and I have all of you to thank for it!
P.F. Chang's Half-Marathon - January 2009 $7,720
Light the Night Walk - November 2009 $2,535
Just so you have an idea where that money goes, here are some stats. Just imagine what we've done and who we've helped with $10,000!
- A $25 donation provides patients with booklets of up-to-date information to keep them informed about their disease and treatment options available.
- A $50 donation makes Family Support groups with trained professionals possible.
- A $100 donation helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials to carry out their search for cures.
- A $500 donation can provide aid to patients for a year.
- A $1000 donation makes one-on-one conversations with health care specialists possible. They can answer questions, discuss treatment options, and help them prepare questions for the rest of their health care team.