Saturday, February 5, 2011

Team Run at the Booty Loop

We had our first Team training this morning at the Booty Loop. Yes, that's what it's called. My suspicions about the origin of the nickname were confirmed when I was told that this particular stretch of road in Charlotte earned its name thanks to the numbers of people (safe to assume they're also somewhat good looking) and co-eds that jog in the area. Apparently, it's the place to be "seen". If you've read about my strong dislike of running and my very slow pace, I have no desire of being "seen" while doing so, so I'll be doing that part of my training elsewhere!

Meeting and running with the group was a great motivator!  The coaches are encouraging, which I totally need, and it's...dare I say... fun? We ran for about 30 minutes and as much as I didn't want to get up at 7 on a Saturday morning, it sure feels good to feel accomplished at 8:30am!

I'm going to start taking some pictures as the trainings continue to (hopefully) jazz up my posts a bit.  Perhaps I'll include some pics of the 'booty' at the loop to encourage you to come back and read!

No comments: