Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Go Back...

I've been awful nostalgic lately.  I doubt that's shocking to anyone, considering my penchant for scrapbooking, taking pictures, and reminiscing. I've been compared, on more than one occasion, to Melissa Joan Hart's character in Can't Hardly Wait as she tries to get the entire senior class to sign her yearbook. (In other news, apparently you can't find EVERYTHING on YouTube, as they don't have a clip of that part of the movie. A tragedy.)  Regardless, I've felt several pangs lately.

Being at home. My sister and I went home a couple of weeks and as I ran through the neighborhood (yes, I actually did) it reminded me of growing up, riding my bike, fishing in the pond, and stealing golf carts.

Listening to my iPod on shuffle.  On that trip home, I shuffled my iPod and came across some goodies and ALL of them took me to another place and time. I LOVE that about music.  To name a few... Why Georgia, Here's to You (Rascal Flatts), Blue Sky (Allman Brothers), Crazy Game of Poker (O.A.R.).

Playing tennis. I grew up training for tennis. As we had our first match last night, I climbed out of the car to those same familiar smells and sounds.  I can't describe how happy it makes me!

I can't figure out whether recalling these moments makes me sad or if they just take me back.  So I'll leave you with the ultimate reminiscing song...

No comments: