Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's Time to Cut

I'm chopping my hair... again.

I first donated my hair when my mom was sick in 2004 (she was not pleased, she liked my long hair). That time I donated to Locks of Love, an organization that makes wigs for children with that lose their hair from medical reasons. I donated it again in 2008 to Pantene Beautiful Lengths that makes wigs for women battling cancer. Those wigs are distributed through American Cancer Society wig banks.

I'm not telling you this to toot my own hair-donating horn, but to demonstrate a pattern. Ever since I cut my hair that first time, I follow the same cycle. Don't like it short... can't wait to grow it out. It continues to get longer until I reach a point where I think "well, I might as well keep going and donate it again." And that's where I am now.

However, I'm determined not to dislike my newly shorn hair and go in with a plan... a hairstyle/cut in mind, which I've never done before. And I need help. Hopefully, my hair will be chin length or longer so those are the pictures I'm looking through (among lots of other Google images!).

OC Kristen - like the pieceyness
of the style, not the color

The ever popular Victoria Beckham bob

Love everything she does!
My hair will be shorter than Jen's and longer than Posh's so I'm not sure what to do. All I know is that it needs to be low maintenance. We'll see what I come out with!

4 comments:

English said...

Trust someone that's been a posh spice worshiper for a while ... That haircut takes a lot of maintenence to keep the look and is a bear to grow out! I like the new Jen cut she's got

Lauren said...

Knew I could count on you!

Barbara said...

Have you cut it yet? We need pictures!

Lauren said...

Ask and you shall receive Barbara! Just posted the new 'do!