Monday, June 13, 2011

We Did It!

Yes, WE did it! Thanks to your love and generous donations we raised $4,000 and I was the #2 fundraiser of 60 Team in Training participants for my event! I could not have done it... reached my goal, trained, and finished the race... without all of you. And just so you know, that brings our fundraising total for LLS to $13,660!!


I started the Latta Triathlon Sunday morning at 6:38am. Two hours and nine minutes later, I was a triathlete! I AM a triathlete! And, it wasn't as miserable as I thought it would be. Halfway through the bike course I thought, 'Hey this isn't so bad. What was I making such a fuss about?'

But it wouldn't be right if I didn't do something ridiculous along the way. When I completed the 17 mile bike portion I ran into the transition area, racked my bike, put on my hat and shirt and was ready to run. Except... I looked down for my water... not there. In fact, my towel wasn't there. And I wondered where my backpack was? I thought someone stole my backpack!! No, ding dong, I racked my bike in the wrong spot and put on someone else's hat and someone else's shirt... Whoops. To my credit (although little is due), I was only four slots down and Team in Training folks all wear the same stuff for the most part.

I didn't have a goal, except to finish in under 2 and a half hours which I did. But now I'm thinking that I want to break the two hour mark. So we'll see. For those of you who care, here's the breakdown of my times.

Swim     T1     Bike     T2     Run     Total Time
20:02     4:10   1:04     3:40   36:46    2:09:25

And now for some pictures!

With my mentor, Marilyn
With fellow TNTers, Rachel and Meridith

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you, Lauren!