Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dear Genevieve

I am home decor challenged. I've lived in my apartment since March and it still doesn't feel put together... something that frustrates me everyday. I have reached a very strange place with both my clothing and decor choices in that I cannot decide what I like. This leads me to blow my "spend" money on eating out because I've gotten so caught up in what's in style and fashionable, that I think I'm chicken to spend my money on something that potentially isn't.

There. I said it.

And despite my design blog reading (see Daily Reads on the right if you need inspiration!) and Dear Genevieve watching, I couldn't make a decision about anything.

But, I reached what I hope is a turning point today. I bought lamps for my bedroom. That may not seem like a big deal, but I've lived with the same tacky beachy lamps that I've owned since college and could not decide on replacements, despite the beachfront rental essence of these (picture will soon be used to post to Craigslist).


So I say goodbye to kitschy and hello to... classic? I don't know what style it is, but I know that I like them. And that's all that matters right? To make it even better, I found them at HomeGoods for $30 each.


Next, I'm in search of curtains to liven up the world of white and cream that is my bedroom (the joys of renting and not being able to paint). I'll keep you posted!

No comments: